Melina graduates with an AA in accounting from North Seattle College (formerly Community College) Great achievement! She has been accepted into a bachelor's program in International Accounting at the same school. She's quite excited about it. A cohort of 30 but almost all online (too bad)
The graduation turned out to be a great event for her. I convinced her; yes it would be boring and long but still worth it. I got the cap and gown. I told her about stoles, something that you wore with your gown. For example, Suzie had a stole from being an athlete. So she decided to buy a stole representing Cambodia to honor her other grandparents. She was very happy with the whole thing. It was at Hed-Ed (the basketball arena) at UW. Together with the other two Seattle Colleges (South and Central) Her family came up from Puyallup. She made friends with the graduates she sat next to. She liked all the speakers. The Board Member said (out loud!) that they were dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Hardly any white people, it was great!
Afterwards I had (another) party.
Melina at the party receiving cards and gifts! He aunt made the braided things. She had no idea that she would receive money as a graduation gift.


No comments:
Post a Comment