Friday, September 27, 2024

Temple Israel Boston


 One thing that I wanted to do in Massachusetts was to visit Temple Israel Cemetery.  My grandparents and my grandmother's family are buried there.  There was a very helpful person at Temple Israel, told me that Edward Cohen (my great-grandfather) had purchased a plot with 12 spots in 1945.  Of course he would.  He has six children.  He himself is buried in a similar monument a little bit down.

I found my grandparent's stone and lots of great aunts and uncles though I did know that much about them

We placed rocks on the stones, as always, to show that we were there..They had a graveside there in the mid 1990s when my grandmother passed.  But my father forbade myself, my brother and sister from going.  I could never figure that out.

But now me, my husband and my sister have visited.



No comments: