Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Sibling visit - Latke dinner


This is showing the ending first.  Our latke dinner last Saturday.  I know, latkes (potato pancakes) go with Chanukah which happens in December not in January.  But I wanted to have a big latke dinner and I just couldn't do it in December.  So I put it off a month.  My sister Pam and my brother Charlie came to visit and help out.  And I used their help A LOT.  They cut vegetables and washed dishes all darn weekend.

We made all this dinner, the brisket (I bought a lot of brisket), the home made applesauce (from apples from our tree plus some other backyard apples), the lemon pie.  We also lit the candles and played dreydel.with chocolate coiins.

I kept saying we were having 14.  But when everybody came, my brother said, we have 16.  Not sure how I made this count error but heck, we'll fit them all in.  Charlie, Melina and Chris sat on the couch.  We had everybody plus Jonathan(who's all grown up but used to live next door) plus Stephen's parents.

We had plenty of food, the latke making crowd worked in tandem to get them all fried.  A good time was had by all.  If a little overwhelming.



 

No comments: