Friday, January 5, 2024

Add Code Hell

I am currently in Add Code Hell at the University.  Went to my class yesterday, it filled at the last moment.  It had been sitting quite a way low for a long time.  I'm the only Access Student.  The prof said it was fine for me to take the class.

This raises the eternal existential question:

Do I need an Add Code and where do I get it?

Nobody knows.  I've been a access student for 12 years and nobody ever knows.

So the registrar won't register me as the class is full.  Unless I have an Add Code.  The professor does not have them.  Anyway the registration was so low, she wouldn't need them anyway.  I should call all the department, they have them.  So I call the Jackson School and they don't have them.  They say to write their advising office.  I do and also call them, there's a student in after lunch and she knows about them.  I call her and she doesn't know.  But it turns out that the person who may know isn't in the office today.  

Hello, it's the third day of the quarter, people may need Add Codes!

So no Add Code which means I don't have access to the class website where the readings are.

People!  This happens every darn quarter.  Often I don't need one but when I do, nobody ever knows who has them.
 




No comments: