Saturday, May 2, 2020
I'm still frightened
The disease from the coronavirus popped up like mushrooms in the US. Nobody took action and all of the sudden, it was everywhere. It's bad juju to get that kind of sick. I've heard enough personal reports and know enough science to know to respect this kind of pandemic.
It spares no one not even if you are wearing a red MAGA hat. I am so shocked at those that protest throw all analysis aside, protesting. Protesting what? That they want to indulge behavior which could make them and those around you sick. Really sick. Not the 'I'll staying bed for a day and sleep it off" sick but much much worse. Do they want to chance overwhelming the hospitals again. Especially with the federal government not coordinating actions, leaving the states to figure it out themselves? Look at what's happened over the last month or so. Do they expect Trump to protect them from harm?
From an email I got a few minutes ago, there were still 300 more new cases in Washington in the last 24 hours. It's still going at a good clip. One of those people could be you. Or a family member. Or a neighbor.
Our governor is a liberal democrat who we respect. Which means he is more conservative. He just declared shelter-at-home until May 31. I am a little tired of it but I don't want to be part of the problem. The first step is the hardest. I don't want to get it in the first place if I can.
A nearly empty Newport Beach. There's protests wanting to re-open the beaches. Used without permission from CNN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment