Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Photoessay #2877 - More New Haven

Today, the rabbi from Mishkan Israel called me.  I had contacted them offering to do my Maier Zunder talk for them on the weekend I would be there.  He said that they intended to do a lot of historical stuff next year as part of their 175th anniversary.  So he set up a meeting with the program committee so I can possibly be part of their series next year.  Be doing that on Sunday.

I think this is a great idea.  Of course, there's always another trip.  I couldn't do anything like this when my kids were younger and my parents were alive.  I always had to be going to Rockford to help with my parents or doing something for my kids.  What *I* wanted was not at all relevant. 

But now I can, so I do.  Sometimes I wonder, what would my parents think about this??

Big news, Naomi will be going on a Birthright trip to Israel in May!

Picture is the 'old' Mishkan Israel, completed in 1897.  The congregation moved out to Hamden in 1960.  This image from a postcard circa 1915.  Maier Zunder was involved with getting this building constructed.  It's literally 1/2 block from where he lived on Orange Street.

No comments: