Friday, August 19, 2011

Photoessay #1486 - All about the arts


That's my little mantra about myself. I'm all about the arts. Especially writing and photography. Hey, how self-referential can you get? This blog I've been writing for over 4 years is about writing and photography. Who's surprised?

So I'm spending a lot of time on this. I'm not letting my lack of talent stop me for a minute. I can be a late bloomer, can't I? And there's not a minute to waste. Look at the stock market if you need a clue on that one. I've got a lot of things to work on.

Last night at my photo class, some of us brought in parts of our final project. I had my five prints organized around the theme of an small antique oriental rug that I have. People liked surprising things and gave me some excellent suggestions. After a slow start, I really like this teacher. She has an extemely creative viewpoint and she has a gift for praise and appreciation for every single student's work. Now, some students she says "you should really enter that print in a photo contest" or "That's such a high quality image, you should really get special printing for it". She hasn't said those kinds of things to me.

I've been working a large part of the day on this photo project. Unfortuantely artistic work has it's hazards. Moving around an antique frame on a desk upstairs, caused it to fall off hard and part of the decorative wood parts broke off :(

This is one shot I took watching the carpet fly. Somehow the more I worked with the continuous shooting option on my camera, the less continuous shooting it did. For example, Ilana would drop the rug off and I would be all set up but it would only include her holding the rug.

But here the carpet is flying.

No comments: