Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Photoessay #1429 - Graduation!



That's MY graduation. Or rather "Certificate Program Awards Ceremony" at the University of Washington in Meany Theater. There were 84 programs represented by graduates there this evening and many more than that are available. A tremendous empire within the university. Our teacher didn't attend and Elena and I were the only ones from our class of 16 to come. You guys missed a good time! It's been a long time since I've participated in a graduation ceremony as a student who's completed my course. It felt pretty darn good. So many self-esteem robbing experiences in life. This was so pasitive!

So Naomi and Dennis went to cheer me on. The first shot shows the dean addressing the gathering with most of the graduates seated in rows on the stage. Actually, I was not sitting there, the first few rows of the theater also were used for graduates. Elena and I were the very last people to walk. Nice little reception in the lobby. Second shot is Elena, my classmate, and I. I informed Dennis that girl graduates want flowers and, ok, we stopped on the way there to get them.

So congrats to me for receiving a Certificate for "Writing Program; Writing the Memoir"

No comments: