Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Photoessay #1308 - Our reading



It all went great in our little fish bowl last night. The UW Memoir class gave a public reading at the University Book Store. We had quite a crowd. My family including Dennis, Danny, Susanna and Naomi along with Matt and Jessica came. My friend Sally (and her husband) from my Inner Circle came. And Curtis and Theresa from parent group came. Sixteen people read, everybody was supposed to read for 5 minutes. We had drawn names for the order and each person introduced the next. So Margot introduced me and I introduced Emily I. A lot of preparation by everybody went into this. You could tell that people had practiced.

I only regret that I didn't organize a group picture. Fun and exhausting. Afterwards we went to a pub Oliver's Twist owned by a person who had taken the class in the fall.

I read the revised version of "The Sign" I have posted various drafts on this blog.

It went well. It was fun meeting others' families and guests.

I was SO exhausted afterwards, sort of that hit by a truck feeling. Everybody had a lot emotionally invested in this.

Picture of teacher Theo addressing the crowd at the beginning. That's Danny and Matt's heads in the lower left. And a shot of me reading.

No comments: