
Third panel of pictures from Sandy's visit to JJ circa 1987. Later in the day we went to the Presidio in San Francisco, then later walked across the Golden Gate Bridge. Did we go all the way across and then back? Don't remember.
The blurry picture in JJ's living room allows us to model some fancy clothes we bought in a trendy shop in Davenport. I never did like all that fringe. Funny story about the purple shirt. Years later, Ilana went on Girl Scout Wider Opportunity trip to canoe in the Border Lakes in Minnesota. At the party at the end of the session, they were supposed to dress like a French Trapper (whatever that was). Somehow, my fancy purple shirt seemed the ticket. I let her take it, cautioning her to wear it to the party only. She wore it the entire trip, including the 10 days canoe trip into the wilderness. Every snapshot shows the seventh grade Ilana in my purple shirt. As you might imagine, my fancy purple shirt was a bit worse for wear on its return, read raggedy. I just gave it to her...I think she still has it (now 21 years old).

No comments:
Post a Comment