Monday, June 9, 2008

Photoessay #375 - Visit to Santa Cruz (1)


A great example of "It's my blog and I can put up what I want to"

Thrilled to find these pictures and I promised JJ I would put them up on my blog. Some years ago, many years ago, maybe 1987, I went down to Santa Cruz, it might have been for some college reunion. One of the days, we went on a sightseeing trip to San Francisco and beyond. We made a point MANY times during the day (really throughout the weekend) to ask people around us to take our picture.

I mounted the pictures together on these crummy magnetic pages. Promptly forgot about them. Had no idea where they were. Ran into them when helping Naomi with a child development project. Our interactions "What did I do cute when I was a baby?" I give her a blank look and mumble "I dunno, I don't remember". Aaack, senior moment, loss of life experiences. OK, she was the 4th child and my memory synapses were all used up by that time. Anyway, we found a photo album with cute Naomi baby pictures (OK, not that many, she was the 4th child). And in the back, I found the 4 pages of the pictures. Some discoloring from the crummy backing.

Sometimes, I look taller than JJ, sometimes she does. Sometimes I'm wearing glasses, sometimes she is. Let's just say that neither of us is very tall. And, hey we looked a lot better 21 years ago. Some salient facts, JJ and I were college roommates and we are still both married to the SAME men we married in our early 20s.

First picture is at the airport...that's why that picture looks so dated. At that time, you still got off the plane directly onto the tarmac at the San Jose airport. Second picture is in the room I stay in at JJ's house. Next picture was at the breakfast place in Davenport on our way up the coast. We're posing with the waiter. Last picture, I think we are...are... somewhere. Maybe JJ will remember.

More picture to come as we relive that day in 1987 or whenever it was.

No comments: