
During the trip to Rockford, I was able to attend two NPF (National Pro Fastpitch) games....Rockford Thunder vs Chicago Bandits at Sportscore in Rockford. Sportscore was the location where Susanna was recruited by Oregon at the 18A Nationals in 2002. I remembered the lake and the little bridge but the place didn't look all that familiar. My sister and I planted a letterbox inside a tree on a little embankment at the end of the parking lot.
Kristina T. pitched for the Bandits on the first evening. It rained, I was pretty soaked. Season opener for both teams. Cat Osterman threw out a first pitch. Game was tight, unfortunately they got to Thor in the bottom of the 7th. Tied game, leadoff walk, runner moves to second, then a solid walkoff double to center field. Thor's disappointed but a good time.
Another picture on the blurry side but best picture of Thor delivering her pitch.

No comments:
Post a Comment