
From Cafewriting.com. Anybody know how I can make these things hotlinks? I know it should be easy and people do it all the time...
The challenge is to write something using these words
breathless, change, elusive, pensive, reflect, surge, tide, vibrant
I am featuring one of my slide pictures from my Ginsburgh Pixs blog. Taken in 1965 at Rio Del Mar Beach in Aptos, CA. I'm the big sister.
How often do we resist changethat we are powerless to stop? Three children aspire to create a sand castle during their beach vacation oblivious to the approaching tide which inevitably will send surges of water over their creation on the way to its high water mark. The sand castle will become smooth sand, but is it really a loss, a failure? Or, is the beach itself a triumph, home to a vibrant community of water, sand, currents and living residents? Looking back and reflecting I never felt sad to see the sand castle be overrun by the advancing water, I found the the beachs return to its former state comforting and reassuring.

4 comments:
Are you sure you're not the originator of the contest, cause your words fit perfectly!
Lovely.
Thanks so much for participating.
I actually can relate to this. It's like a bittersweet sort of feeling. You're sad that the sandcastle is wiped away but at the same time when you see how the waves flow over the castle, it's like a blank slate to start all over again--to create something new!
Thanks for sharing, and welcome to Cafe Writing! :) I look forward to reading more from you!
You made it look so simple. The adaptation from your slide pictures is really a great idea. Hope most of us would also realize the joy of letting go instead of resisting.
Post a Comment