Friday, September 17, 2010

Photoessay #1057 - Marin County



Sometimes you have to visit to appreciate the beauty of your surroundings. I miss California, like I mentioned, I'm still a California girl at heart. We spent the first few days of our recent California visit in Marin County. One morning, the other members of the household we were visiting were busy with errands (Mark was returning to Italy the next day, he wanted to check a packed doggy door on the plane). So Dennis and I went to the Civic Center, checked out the dog park, unsuccessfully looked for a letterbox and planted our own box. Then we went out San Pedro Road to the new China Camp State Park due east which borders San Pablo Bay, the northern lobe of San Francisco Bay. Picture shows the Dennis at the lovely picnic area at Buckeye Point. Oak-studded California hills behind us. This well maintained picnic area overlooking the Bay had scenic views all around (ok, I don't know how they got the water to water that grass). And we're the only people there, sunny weekday in late August.

We continued on around the loop and soon we were back in civilization. What did we do that afternoon? We went to Stinson Beach which I already blogged about.

First shot shows the view from the bridge from Richmond going over the tollbridge with Marin County hills in the background. That Bay Area, pretty place, no denying it.

Tonight is Kol Nidre, I will unfortunately not be attending anywhere on this most holy of nights. My mother would have called me....

No comments: