Sunday, June 7, 2009

Photoessay #715 - Prom


Naomi's prom group before they left. Naomi (left) with her two closest friend throughout high school, Curtis and Janelle. In our backyard. Dennis carefully moved my pots of flowers onto the table so we could use them as background; you can't see them at all. Both Curtis and Janelle regularly participate in our annual seder. They wouldn't miss it. This year, Curtis brought some hardboiled eggs and Janelle made a delicious parve dessert.

Curtis broke a barrier' becoming the first male member of the Highland Dancers, the Lassies. An excellent dancer, I have recently featured him here and here. I really missed an opportunity last evening. We have a shot of Susanna in her prom finery with her friend emily swinging a softball bat (don't I have that picture up? I better find it) and we have a picture of Ilana with her friends making the girl scout sign. Why didn't I have Curtis and Naomi doing a highland dance? Aargh! An opportunity lost forever.

They were all broke so we said we would spring for a pizza and they spent some time here before they left. I gave them the obligatory 'no alcohol ' lecture. As might be expected, the corsage got left in the refrigerator. I also invited the parents over for pictures. All part of the deal.

A great thing about prom at Shorecrest, you do NOT have to have a date, it's not restricted to heterosexual couples. Anybody can go. Every single person can go.

1 comment:

Ilana said...

cute!