Sunday, July 12, 2020

Books for Ilana and I!


The fix is in!  The other day, I took pictures of Third Place Books' Bargain Table and Staff Picks.  Today Ilana and I had Book Club for the "Undoing Project" which we both enjoyed and considered remarkable.  Though we couldn't figure out the title and what's with all of the basketball stuff at the beginning.  Story of two brilliant Israeli psychologists who worked closely together for many years.  Amos and Danny.  Their work launched the field of Behavioral Economics and Danny won the Nobel.  Amos couldn't because they only give Nobel prizes to the living and he had passed away.

But it was our last book.  Ilana had some ideas based on my pictures.  So we went back and forth.  We agree nothing 'brutal,' 'heartbreaking,' 'tragic,' 'violent,' 'dark.'  You get the idea.  But we're willing to take a chance.  Here are the books.  Two from staff picks, the rest from the Bargain Table.  I went down to fetch them.  I asked Dennis to come help me, he was too busy, he had a meeting in less than an hour.  So I went myself down to Third Place Books.  I had my list and a young man to help me.  Here's the list, I want two of each.  So we got to work.  We found all of them within 10 minutes.  He brought them to the cashier, arranged for the shipping.  I bet I wasn't in that store more than 20 minutes.  And so cheap to ship, $3.50 for first book, $1 apiece after that.  A deal!  Cost me all of $11.50 to ship all those books.

I got home way before his meeting even started.



No comments: