Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Robert S - a wonderful surprise


I had a wonderful surprise today.  A high school friend Robert S wrote me out of the blue.  I greatly admired him when we were high school.  We spent a lot of time together.  Even then, he was a tremendously talented pianist.  We palled around; ok I adored him.  Recently I had looked him up and found he was a pianist living in San Francisco.  Some of his performances were on youtube.  I found I really enjoyed listening to him play.  I thought, is that the same guy, I mean it has been 50 years how about.  But yes, I knew it was him.  Why?  Because of his hands.  I had spent a lot of time watching him play and there was something so familiar about watching him play.  Sometimes I thought of writing him, just to touch base.  But I couldn't really think why he might want to hear from me, maybe he wouldn't even remember me.  But I was pretty sure he would.

I married somebody from that very same high school and certainly Dennis remembered him.  He said he was too intimidated to talk to him.  Funny (in an odd way)

But today he wrote this warm note today, told me about his partner.  And he has a daughter!  There they are together.  She looks just like him!  Love it!

He had been triggered by a spreadsheet sent for the 50th high school reunion.  He decided to check in with me.  Fun!  I hope that we can all keep in touch, he really was one of my very favorite people.



No comments: