Thursday, July 9, 2020

Godspeed Tork


From a picture posted on Facebook posted by Sophooey, Melina's mother.  Melina, age 19, is my granddaughter.

Tork Eng, Melina's grandfather died a week or so ago.  A Cambodian refugee fleeing from the genocide, he came via Malaysia with his young family to the United States.  They had 1 son and three daughters eventually.  Sopooey, Melina's mother is their eldest daughter.  My son Danny is the father.

Tork doted on his young granddaughter.  She lived in their home.  I will always be grateful that my granddaughter had a stable place to live.  I never had to worry about that.  Not that everything was fabulous over there, but she always had her family.  They moved shortly before Tork's death to Puyallup (over an hour away from us)

Melina can live there and she's very determined to get her driver's license.




No comments: