Thursday, August 18, 2016

Visit to the Beittels

For Dennis and I, no California trip would be complete without a visit to the Beittels.  We were lucky this time that Mark and Giovana were there for a visit from Italy.  We could make the schedule work so we did.  Sue had moved out of her house and sold it, moving into a nearby retirement facility.  She likes it, has 750 sq ft and two bedrooms.  We came for lunch which Mark and Giovanna fixed in the small kitchenette.  Biggest crowd ever fed (or will be fed there) declares Sue.  She's turning 89 and was happy there.  "A lot less pressure on me," she says.  We went on a walk, I walked with Sue and, like all my life, I struggled to keep up with her.  But I did.  Great to see Mark and Giovanna too; my cousins always.  Picture taken in a vegetable garden just outside Sue's apartment.

No comments: