Saturday, December 6, 2014

Going to a party

Dennis and I are going to a wedding party this evening.  Mary and Rik.  I've never met Rik before but I've known Mary for several years at parent group.  She's a great example of reclaiming your own life even though your teenager's behavior is completely out of control.  When she first came, she was so obsessed with the fight, she had room for nothing else.  But she's claimed some stability and has come to terms about what she can control (and what not!)  This has opened up her life to new possibilities.  You can still care and love your acting out teen or young adult but not be consumed by their crazy choices and actions.

They looks so happy!

We're in the middle of incorporating a new dog in our household.  And old lady (14 years old) whose family is moving to Australia in a few weeks and they cannot take her with them.  Finding homes for your older pets is so tough.  I went to visit Shira yesterday.  Then they brought her over last night and things did not go well at all.  I think Shira felt she had to protect her family against Teddy who is 100% a wimp.  But Shira's been here on her own for 4+ hours and things have gone much smoother.  So I think we'll return her for the evening and she'll come over for good tomorrow.  I may be nuts for doing this....

No comments: