Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Photoessay #2854 - Do NOT tick off the mother of the groom!!

I thought Melina would like to check out the wedding venues.  I called Ivar's Salmon House (for the rehearsal dinner) and Pan Pacific Hotel (for the wedding) and asked if I, as the mother of the groom, could come and bring my granddaughter (a junior bridesmaid) just so she could see the space.  Both places said that would be fine.  I told them the approximate time.  No problem

On the way back, we could check out Center for Urban Horticulture, another possibility.

Didn't bring my camera (what was I thinking?).  We were received graciously at Ivar's, sat down with the banquet manager, finalized the menu;; she gave me the price.  Melina and I toured the banquet room, it will be fine.  It overlooks the dining area with a big beautiful window looking on Lake Union.  The room itself is plain, but the view takes it all.

The people at Center for Urban Horticulture showed us around.  Melina and I loved seeing all the new flowers especially the huge deep pink tulipis.

But the Pan Pacific?  They treated us TERRI BLE.  I went in, introduced ourself, said I had called ahead (but didn't have a name).  Gave the name and date of the wedding.  I was the Mother of the Groom and this was a Junior Bridesmaid.  They basically threw us out on our ear.  They told me, in no uncertain terms, that they had rented out their whole banquet meeting area and they could not show us.  No way were we getting upstairs.  Period.  They wouldn't let me talk to the wedding person.  Gave me a card and said to call another day.

They were SO rude; I'm ticked off.  My son is paying a lot for this place!  I'm paying my share!  Now they could have just smuggled us up for a moment, checked to see if their tenants were using the balcony.  They could have taken us back to the office and shown us pictures and explained the setup.  Heck, they could have given us a glass of water..

Nothing, zero, just threw us out.  Melina was so disappointed, "this is the place I wanted to see!' she explained, "I wanted to see what it would be like, if I have to walk down the aisle."  That was the whole idea!

I am NOT happy!!!!!

Teashirt design taken from zazzle.com.au website.  Used without permission.

No comments: