Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Photoessay #2847 - UW Shuttle

Things shaping up very well.  As far as me having my old lady roller bag to avoid carrying things as I move into spring quarrter as an Access Student at University of Washington.  I can get just about everywhere taking the bus to campus.  And the exercise is good.

Sometimes I think that I should do something other than my old lady roller bag but my doctor keeps reminding that this is the way to go.  A notebook a small water bottle, add a library book or carrying a jacket and I'm carrying too much.  Look for another option.

I know I can't get to the second floor of Anderson Hall but I have ways around it.

I wanted a quiz section.  An access student last summer said you can ask about taking parts of class.  They don't have to say yes, but you can ask.  So I've been watching the sections fill up.  I look at the Chem Library longingly, that would work so well.  But there's quite a few access students in my large class.  The earliest and emptiest Friday section is in (gulp) Fisheries.  UW siberia.  Way down there on the water, way west, way far away from my bus.  And not a level walk.  Lots of impediments for my old lady roller bag.

But there's this UW Shuttle Dial-a-ride for disabled students.  This seems the ticket to get to Fisheries.  I call them and make arrangements, yes it will work.  Again, it takes a little working, a little trouble.  But I can get to Fisheries and back.  Plus, I will learn how to work the shuttle.

I write to the TA asking if I can join the section.  Yes she writes plus " You are welcome to participate equally with the other students."  Oh yeah, I didn't even ask about that.  Being an access student can be a bit second class.  So, this is good, very good.

I'm there.

No comments: