Sunday, March 13, 2011

Photoessay #1233 - Vision Board


I went to Betsy's workshop about creating a vision. Unfortunately, I had a flat tire in the Prius. I called for rescue from Dennis (thank you Dennis). But it made me an hour late. I also may have driven too long on the tire. I'll bring it to the Man (Les Schwab) tomorrow to see what's up with it.

But they knew I was coming and kept a place for me. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't get too much chance to do this kind of work. Part of the workshop was to create a vision board which is a collage. I've heard some scorn about this but what the heck.

So it was all about just letting yourself go and pick out images that struck you. From magazines. And yes, you cut them out and past them on a piece of poster board. I was really pleased about how it came out. Just visually and design wise. Colorful. And it's supposed to indicate something about your own vision.

Mostly I looked for bright strong colors. I think the magazines I had were for fall so ended up with a lot of oranges. So ok, that's good. I wanted some images evocative of my mother, the yarn and the plate. And the wise woman. And the new group of friends on the upper right with some extra books. Hey, that could be my new writing group. And a mysterious destination and equally mysterious doors with several choices. A curling wave and a canoe for movement in the natural world.

A portion is washed out from the flash. But it's just the top of the doors and a portion of the fruit in the middle.

I liked how I have a strong diagonal movement and then up and over the wave. I was not aware of it when I put it together. All the orange tones make a strong base. Overall a lot of motion and movement.

For someone who does not have much of an eye for design, I think I did a good job. Especially for only having 90 minutes from start to finish. We talked about the images afterward and how you might explore the attraction you might have for them. Betsy suggested some questions and then had us answer in writing with our non-dominant hand. Accesses a different part of the brain. I meant to write about revealing a meaning but instead wrote about revealing a secret. Very interesting

No comments: