Saturday, March 12, 2011

Photoessay #1232 - Volunteer Park and Japan



I have received many hits on yesterday's post. My sitemeter count (which doesn't include Google Readers, subscribers and I don't know what else) for yesterday was 129. My previous highest was about 50. And I continue to get hits today. People searching for information on Yamagata and the earthquake and they hit my blog.

Today, we continued our madcap museum project with Melina. Naomi's home from WSU so we set off in the rain for the Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. We saw a large exhibit of very large paintings from a contemporary Chinese painter and some extremely beautiful and extremely old pieces from India and China.

Afterward, we looked at the koi in the nearby pond and walked up the big water tower dating from the Olmsted park days. Lots of stairs but I made it. Then we visited the Volunteer Park Conservatory also from the original design of the park. Turned out to be the hit of the day. No, we are not in Hawaii, we are in Seattle on a rainy March day.

Pictures of Melina doing her pointing thing at the plants and Melina and Naomi throwing pennies into the fountain in the greenhouse. Later we went to Boom Noodle which had sponsored SIFF; more Japanese that I realized.

Naomi and Melina out on the town search for girl scout cookies with my money.

Those nuclear power plants in Japan....

No comments: