Thursday, January 27, 2011

Photoessay #1189 - My new blogbook!



I got my 2007 blogbook from the publisher today. I love it! I'm in!

So much better than I could do myself. The scans for this entry are the front of the book and a scan of one of the pages. It's bound as a paperback book with a 8.5 x 11 format. Has pictures on front and back. A table of contents. Color prints. Total pages=230.

Not cheap. $88

But I really want to do the other years even though I have printed crummy pages of almost all of it. I really like this. So exciting.

I can also see the future.....writing groups. We had an author come in and talk the other night in my memoir class. Groups of women who meet every week in a semi-structured format with the goal of publication. I can see some groups like this forming out of my current class. A lot of commitment and intensity in that group.

I already am in a writing group, my Guided Autobiography group. We get together every other week, we write pieces and read them to each other. We're meeting today in fact. Two weeks ago, we set a topic of 'Surprise!' and, as I was walking out the door, I thought of the incident I would use. Then, I found out that we would have a mini-workshop piece and decided to use the same piece for both. Subject: my spectacularly unplanned pregnancy with Naomi. I posted a version of it earlier. I love this group but my new (imagined) group will be much more serious.

Starting to put a trip together in March. It doesn't quite hang together. Destinations include Ann Arbor Michigan, Deer Lodge Tennessee and Hampton Virginia. I'll get it worked out....

Love my blog book. If you live around me, I will be oh so happy to show it to you.

No comments: