Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Photoessay #1166 - Teddy helps with knitting


Melina was over here a few times during the break. She really wanted Naomi to teach her to knit. She did ok in her first session though her piece looked like a first try. But apparently she went home and worked on it because her mom featured some pictures of her knitting later and she had really improved.

This shot was later during the visit because, as usual, the legos were involved. But she's taking a knitting break from the legos. Or possibly the other way around. Teddy, always attentive thinks he can help.

You just hear his projected dog voice. "I love knitting, I could help you, I would be SO good, I wouldn't be ANY trouble. I was just telling the cat how much I love knitting" The cat could care, honestly.

Though during one of my mom's visits when Starbaby (the cat) was young, my mom was so surprised that the young cat showed no interest in her knitting. But Starbaby, (who always has her own ideas, which are the only ones that count) was just waiting for the right moment. No batting at the yarn for her. When the time was right, she jumped on my mom's lap grabbed the whole knitting and blasted down the hall with all of it. She was quite miffed to discover that it was connected and she couldn't make away with the whole thing.

After that, she stayed downstairs in protest that she didn't get her way.

And I wonder where kids get their drama. They just need to watch the darn cat.

No comments: