Friday, December 17, 2010

Photoessay #1148 - New camera


I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I successfully retrieved my camera from Alan. It doesn't turn on any more. He works at Disability Services at UW which gave me an opportunity to talk with the head of UW Disability Services regarding my daughter's application. Gave me some good ideas which I passed on.

I hope Alan will send me a more flattering picture. The picture is high personality and expressive and, in some ways, communicates his high spirits. But maybe another would be more appropriate. He said he would send me another picture.

I waltzed on over to Costco amid heavy traffic and they took it back. My concern, when I bought the last camera (which I owned for less than a week) was that it was too small. I liked the idea that I could carry it around in my purse and I would always have it. But maybe it would fall out of my purse???

Which is what happened. I probably dropped it out of my purse as I got out of my car at Discovery House at 6pm on Wednesday. That's where Alan found it. Maybe somebody hit it with their car or stepped on it or it got rained on. Who knows? About 5 minutes later I looked for it to show Margaret....gone.

So, it's a sign, need a bigger camera. Those small hobby ones are not for me. I got all the money back on the smaller camera. This Nikon was about $60 more. After that, the prices go up steeply. I'm back to a view finder and also the screen can be viewed on an angle like Dennis' camera. It does weigh more.

The smaller camera had a better simpler interface which I did like. We'll see you this works.

No comments: