Sunday, December 12, 2010

Photoessay #1143 - Chanukah on Kona



We’ll have more Hawaii pictures as we go along. My sibs and I took lots and lots of pictures. We went through expensive cameras at an alarming rate. That one day, Charlie et al managed to destroy 2 cameras. Now we have new ones!

One of the first nights, Lynn invited us to a Chanukah party hosted by the Kona Jewish Community. Turns out they are active in this group, who knew? Matt, Lynn’s husband apparently really likes to lead the dancing. And, as Matt’s guests, we clearly were expected to support his efforts and get up and dance.

The first shot is my sister leading the dance line as they wind around the room with Matt just behind her. They’re clearly having a good time. I did my share of dancing.

An elaborate event. When we first arrived, a schmaltzy silly musician was performing, then hula, then a Hawaiian band (I bought the CD for $5, turns out Matt plays with that band sometimes), the candle lighting, the potluck, the dancing, then this guy who kind of did Cossack dancing with sword and candles. Not sure how he fit in but performance-wise, this group was inclusive.

Don’t forget the Chanukah hula as part of the dancing. Watch out, Charlie took a picture of me doing the Chanukah hula.

Pictures include Pam leading the dance line and the menorah lighting with all of the families

No comments: