Sunday, December 12, 2010

Photoessay #1142 - Farewell to Hawaii


Tomorrow morning I return to Seattle. My brother and sister are getting on their plane to the midwest just about now. I've really enjoyed this time on the Big Island with my sibs.

This morning, my brother became determined that we would go on some sort of boat ride. He started with the idea on snorkeling, really weeny snorkeling for older tourists who don't do things too well. The heavy rains yesterday caused almost all of the companies to cancel today even though the weather was lovely today. He then considered glass bottom boats 'so we could see some pretty fishies'. Then into any kind of boat ride, just take us. He finally found an historical dinner cruise3 with the right timing and had room. Not cheap but a lovely end to our trip. I enjoyed the guitarist who played, the historical guide was excellent, the cruise down the shore was scenic and fun and the food was fine. We all enjoyed it.

But then we entered the unexpected frustration of being in the middle of the traffic associated wtih the Kailua-Kona Christmas parade. People like wiring cement mixers with scads of lights, I dunno.

Picture is Charlie's taken at the Botanical Garden on Thursday. I like it a lot even more sideways.

No comments: