Monday, December 6, 2010

Photoessay #1135 - Beach



Today my cousin Lynn met us and we went over my map, the world's biggest map of the Hawaiian Island. She suggested a white sand beach north of the airport. The landscape is quite arid and bleak, lava fields and not much else but the beach itself was beautiful and fun. Azure water! Just like in the pictures. Just like in the movies.

First though, Charlie looked at the waves in front of the condo. In the clear water, he could clearly see some brightly colored yellow fish. Yellow Tang, right there. You can see them in the first picture in the waves.

We enjoyed the mild weather and waves at the beach. We tentatively, with limited success, tried on some of the snorkeling stuff. Not good candidates, Pam has some muscle issues by her mouth which doesn't seal, Charlie found he was hyperventilating. I gave it a shot (though we were doing this IN the waves. I put it on and Charlie encouraged me to put my head under water and try it out. Which I started to try to figure out how to do. As I bent over to try to make that happen, a huge wave broke over me. Wipeout! Charlie had to fish me out of the water. Just like last time 3 years ago on the North Shore of Oahu.

Pam and Lynn were watching from the shore. Pam was just relating how it was about time for me to lose it in the waves. Which I promptly did.

Shot of Pam enjoying the beach. I just LOVE the clear water but could not figure out how to capture it.

No comments: