Friday, December 3, 2010

Photoessay #1134 - Almost forgot the letterboxes


I'm doing all the zillions of things to get ready to go on my trip tomorrow when I spied, on my bedroom floor, my letterboxing bag.

OF COURSE I want to plant some letterboxes in Hawaii. I would have felt so foolish if there I was in Kona and no letterboxes. What was I thinking? Why hadn't I gotten this done? Now, that I'm going to check a bag, heck, there's tons of stuff I can schlep around.

Whoo, it's not too late, still time to fit some letterbox production in the afternoon. Hmmm, I can use this butterfly stamp that Melina carved when she was here one of those times. How about a.... pineapple or palm tree or something Hawaii-ish. So I carved the pineapple. Not bad consider my abilities. Not bad at all.

These are the little books made out of card stock and ribbon that I put in the letterbox. The finder will put their stamp in this book and use my stamp in their own book. I'll put a title on that front page once I figure out where they are going.

Had lunch with my friend Linda. Took Teddy to dog park and he actually played with Tully. And had a great time doing it. Nobody was going to throw the ball for him so he might as well run around and wrestle.

No comments: