Thursday, December 2, 2010

Photoessay #1133 - Sib trip to Hawaii


I'm going to Hawaii (the big island) for 8 days on Saturday. With my brother and sister. Dennis and I went along with my brother and Dennis' Uncle Alan two years ago. My sister proclaimed "Next time you go, I'm coming!" When we were together getting through our mom's passing last February we promised each other that we would go to Hawaii together...soon. So now we are.

We're going to the Big Island because my brother wants to see the volcano. Also our cousin Lynn lives these with her family. She's got a mother in law appt downstairs too. But we will rent a condo. On Wednesday we will go across the island to the volcano. So far, on Sunday morning Lynn's coming over and maybe, just maybe we will go snorkeling. Then we will join her, her husband Matt and their son Abe at a Chanukah party for the Kona Jewish community. That's the plans so far.

Dennis will stay here, very busy at work for him and he will care for the dog.

Always busy to get ready. In a few, I'll go down the Third Place Books for my regular meeting with my GAB group (Guided Autobiography). This sessions' theme? Gratitude.

Picture of front of guidebook as recommended by Lynne.

No comments: