Saturday, September 25, 2010

Photoessay #1065 - Scratch



Beautiful early fall afternoon here in the Pacific Northwest. Perfect time for a Parent Group picnic. Parents only for this event. Temps in the 70s, in Edmonds Park not too far away.

Check out my leading picture. Often people bring storebought goods to picnics and potlucks. No harm in that, many people don't have the time to cook. But look at the results from two homemade desserts. They didn't last long at all. On the right, a fresh raspberry pie made by Teresa H, noted for her pies. On the left, a fresh peach cobbler made by myself. It went pretty quick too. Could be the whole cube of butter that went into it. I also like to cook it a little longer.

Where did I get the recipe. Google peach cobbler and there you go.

We used our sandwich signs to mark the site. Good turnout 30-40 folks. Often I don't include pictures of the people themselves. The problems facing these families are usually pretty severe and not everybody wants to admit that they belong to this group. Doesn't bother me, but I need to respect the privacy of others.

But, your unlabeled picture appearing on this blog will usually not result in viral appearances...

No comments: