Thursday, September 23, 2010

Photoessay #1063 - New baby!


Sometimes a picture presents itself early in the day...and here it is!

My friend JJ's new grandson! What a happy new momma! A stock shot but it's wonderful and miraculous. Baby born six weeks early, he's pretty small. But doing well from what I understand. Not always great for babies to come 'early'. But they come when they come. Momma did not have to go through the last six weeks of pregnancy which has its advantages.

A couple who pride themselves on always being organized and in control. Life will be different now! It takes the full time efforts of two first time parents to take care of one little baby.

I know that when my fourth child was born, I thought taking care of this baby is a snap, no problem. It's the OTHER three small kids you have to care fore at the SAME time, now that's a challenge.

Myself, I thought that they should let you stay in the hospital an extra day for every kid you have at home but maybe that's not PC. I know this birth was planned to take place at home. But labor was precipitous and early so they did end up in the hospital. But if the result is a joyous picture like this, it doesn't matter how it comes about!!

No comments: