Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Photoessay #1062 - 1989 Me pregnant


One of the very few (maybe the only) picture of me pregnant. During my two pregnancies, I was too overwhelmed (I had two or three small children ALREADY) to really pay too much attention. Plus I really preserved my denial until the end. I wasn't somebody who savored and documented every moment. Not me! Are you crazy? Wasn't happening as far as I was concerned. Both of my pregnancies cried out "don't do it this way!" Whatever.

My doctor marvels at my powers of denial. I told her this story...I had an ultrasound during my first pregnancy (the general medical reaction was "What the HECK is going on here!!!". My doctor prepared me for the idea that the scan indicated that I was going to have twins. Keep in mind, Susanna was barely 12 months (and those who know her might have an idea how wild that kid could be) and Danny was 3 1/2. I looked that doctor straight into the eyes and declared that I was NOT having twins. Nope, not going there, forget it. I could see the doctor's reaction, discomfort, concern, patient not accepting reality. I refused to discuss it because no twins. I did not have twins.

This picture taken during my second pregnancy (even wilder than the first one), Dennis and I managed to go away for the weekend to Victoria. Don't remember how that happened. October 1989, Naomi was born early in December 1989. My denim jumper, knee socks and birkies. Yup.

Cannot imagine how I survived all of that....

No comments: