Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Photoessay #1061 - *MY* parking passes


Sigh, aren't they wonderful?

When things changed for me so much last winter (and really before that), I thought, ok, if you have some opportunities what do you want to do? And I decided, I want to be involved with the University of Washington. Along with 35+K students. And the U is the biggest employer in the city of Seattle.

And I'm a barely employable nobody.

Sooooo, I am now a student and an employee. Maybe I have crowed about that in the past on this blog. Ok, continuing ed and temporary employee of the athletic department, but still. It counts!!!

I already had my football parking passes. Curtis intones to me, you know you could sell that.... How? They're only selling them for $6, I tell him, cheaper than a regular day in that parking lot. I think the football parking is all whacked this year because they lost 6 acres due to the construction of the Sound Transit station right in front of the stadium.

I heard that you could buy a special much cheaper parking pass if you are taking just a night class. Better check that out, find it on the site, can't do it over the phone, you have to go down there. Uh oh, the students are back next week, better do it this week. So I go all the way down there and, long story short, I emerge with my parking pass, yay! Not without significant challenges but I persevered and I attained my parking pass.

So I am now sooooo official, I'm so proud....

No comments: