Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Photoessay #1054 - 1973 CR and Sourdough



Some long ago dogs. 37 years ago. 1973. My parents had a beagle mix named CR (short for Christopher Robin, the AA Milne character, don't remember why). And I (with my boyfriend at the time) owned Sourdough the mischievous mutt who we later decided was a Jack Russell terrier. From Humboldt county. Actually my friend JJ was the original owner. So once (or maybe more) I brought Sourdough home for college vacations to Orange County from Santa Cruz. She and CR got along famously, actually she was so much smarter, she just set him up time and time again. He could never catch on. Here they hang out in my parents' California backyard. Having a good time, looks like.

I 'lost' Sourdough when my boyfriend (still in occasional contact) broke up. But I know she was well cared for and lived a long life.

No comments: