Monday, July 19, 2010

Photoessay #1100 - Picture at the internment


This post will concentrate on who's who in the group picture (taken by the rabbi) of those that attended the internment of my parents Claire and Allen Ginsburgh at Miskan Israel cemetery, New Haven Connecticut on the morning of July 16, 2010.

My mother had not lived in New Haven for 60 years and her cohort is as old as she so not many here that really knew her. Mostly my cousin Mary Ann's family. But it all counts!

I realized that those in the seats should be the closest family members.

So let's get to it, left to right.

Seated:
Myself, (why am I looking at that funny angle)
my brother Charlie
my aunt Elgie (sister of my father who traveled from Boston)
my sister Pam.

Standing:
my son danny
Tyler (3 years old, somebody's holding him)
my daughter Naomi
Mary Ann L (wife of my cousin Mal)
my cousin Mal
my husband Dennis (kind of in back)
Sam (aged ten months) held by his mother Kristin (Mary Ann F's daughter)
Betsy (daughter of my cousin Mal)
Betsy's husband
Mr. Goldberg, friend of my parents
Mrs. Golberg, friend of my parents
The couple in the back were friends of Denny (husband of Mary Ann F)
my cousin Mary Ann F (hostess, brains of the operation, very very close to my mom)
Jason, husband of Kristin
The Goldberg's son, don't remember his name
my niece Teresa (daughter of Pam)

Denny, husband of Mary Ann F, is not in the picture. Undoubtedly he is off running around with his grandson Max age 3.

My cousin Mary Ann F said many times that she had promised my mother that she would put this on including the reception back at her house "Now you're going to have everybody to your house and you're going to feed every body"

As, with my favorite line, "this is for documentation purposes"

No comments: