Monday, June 28, 2010

Photoessay #1083 - Curtis' new table



I mentioned yesterday that Curtis invited me in to see his new table. He knows that I have a new (to me) table; he said "I'm sure that mine is a lot different".

So pretty! Turns out that he and Teresa collect ranma or Japanese transoms, rectangular pieces of wood that are mounted on top of doorframes in traditional Japanese rooms. For entilation and beauty. The table has two ornamental wooden ranmas mounted on a metal table frame with a heavy beveled piece of glass on top. Very showy. Curtis pointed out that this is known as a geometric pattern ranma made of many small pieces of wood glued and mounted together in a tight pattern.

I preferred to try a picture of the table with owners Curtis and Teresa. OK, but Curtis sent me a picture that he had taken that shows off the table better. Also features the chairs they already had that match almost perfectly.

Spent much of the afternoon at Juvenile Court in support of a member. She asked me to sit at the table with her. I did. Found out what happens if I tried to ask a question. The attorney on the other side, immediately registered an objection as I was not a party.

No comments: