Saturday, June 5, 2010

Photoessay # 1062 - The Delia Corner


Whew! We got it done. We installed Delia corner. Formerly the Delia wall. From Delia Zunder Weil, my great grandmother.

The pride of my mom. She framed the lace fan probably 50 years ago, very unusual at that time, I think she had to convince some art framer in Sacramento to do it. Later she framed the handkerchief and the opera glasses. Also included is a picture as a young woman (I featured a scan of this picture a few days ago), her wedding picture as well as some other smaller pictures of the Weil family, many from around 1870. A smaller picture on the mantle in the corner of an older Delia, though she died in 1910 in her 40s.

My edition also features a picture of Meier Zunder, Delia's father in the upper right. My mom had this photo in her bedroom.

Actually this was a whole 'picture hanging event'. We really resist hanging pictures and changing things around. Dennis especially. But I scheduled this event and we were going to hang pictures. And we did. We changed almost everyth8ing in our living room and dining room. Plus put a whole row of family pictures down the hall.

But the Delia wall was the biggest challenge. But I think we did a good job.

No comments: