Sunday, May 9, 2010

Photoessay #1036 - Mother's Day



A nice shot of Grandma Ann with 3 of her 5 grandchildren. Susanna's in Eugene and Danny's working. Naomi, Crystal, Ann and Ilana.

We visited a small rhodedendron nursery and garden all the way in Bonney Lake. Beautiful weather, modest place but I really liked it. Actually they had to drag me away, I was having a good time. I was also trying to face a thorny problem....my red rhody in front is beyond leggy. It's been there so long, it's wanted to get big but it can't get big so I've mainly let it alone and it's got lots of curly long branches with a single leaf and blossom at the end. I'm thinking dwarf rhodedendron is the way to go.

Small lots of beautiful blooming bushes. Beautiful lighting, on a slow day I'll feature a pretty rhody picture in May (as well as a pretty peony picture in a Japanese April)

Afterwards we all went to lunch at Taco Time and chatted awhile.

Earlier in the day the HUGE moving van showed up with my (and my family's) share of my parent's possessions. We were ready with a lot of the garage and Susanna's old room cleared out. one box at a time. We'll see how we like the new dining room table and chairs. We haven't really used them yet.....

No comments: