Saturday, June 13, 2009

Photoessay #721 - At Kane Hall


The folks at Ilana's college graduation. Three of my kids, 2 significant others, grandma, parents and three friends of long standing.

All gathered at Kane Hall on Red Square. Big underground garage. How did they build that thing anyway (the garage)...must have been really disruptive.

For the dinner, we lost Danny and Jessica (Danny had to work) and Naomi (Lassie party) and gained Susanna and Alice. Glad to include long time roommate Ariel, Marie and Janine and also Matt, who we really like.

There's the matter of graduation parties. Must be regional. For myself and my peers growing up far from here, I don't remember any graduation parties. Here, it's expected that when your child graduates, you have a graduation party. Usually a reception in the afternoon with family and friends. Everybody has a graduation party. When I first heard about them, I thought "Graduation party, what?" Then decidedd I was the one out of it. I asked my kids if they wanted a graduation parrty. They said "Graduation party, what?" So maybe it has a genetic component.

But it's rich to have a group of people to come to YOUR graduation. Ilana looks pretty pleased.

I'm taking the picture.

Our color printer seems to have printed it's last, totally out of commission. It could print but it eats ink cartridges like no other and constantly jams. Even when it does print, the results are often distorted and rather psychedelic. I printed this picture on our black and white printer and Dennis took it off to an adoption panel.

No comments: