Monday, May 25, 2009

Photoessay #702 - MLT dog park


My new hangout...Mountlake Terrace Dog Park!

This picture stolen from the Everett Herald. I've been there almost every day this week. But I haven't brought my camera, just my car keys.

A new modest off leash dog park very convenient to me. I wondered why they had fenced off this area. Saw the double gates. Never occurred to me. They moved the frisbee golf course so one of my letterboxes is hopelessly lost.

But one day during swim class, somebody mentioned that this was a dog park. Of course, now I get it. There is a dog beach at Edmonds Beach, one of my favorite places. But it's far away (maybe 6-8 miles), parking is difficult on a nice day and the terrain (being a beach) is a little tough. But it is beautiful, and I love Edmonds Beach.

The MLT dog park is very modest, it's a forested area, 1 acre. Fenced with several gates. There seems to be some big water dishes with water. Parking is very easy, never a problem. Access is easy. I can be there in 5-10 minutes. So far, there's always been other people and dogs there. Terrain is interesting but not difficult. Plenty of room for dogs to run and wrestle. Teddy had a non-stop wrestling match with a lab names Seth today.

Turns out there is an active community group supporting this (mltdogs.org) Who knew? I noticed two ladies fussing around because the water dishes were empty and the jugs next to them were empty. The adjacent swimming pool is closed today but somehow they came back with big containers of water. They replensihed the dog bowls and the jugs.
Teddy and I have visited almost every day this week, So far, always somebody there, the people are nice, dogs have been good. So easy to get there and he's crashed when you go home.

I'll try to get some real pictures.

Ilana got screwed by the Suquamish tribe, they told her the tribal museum would be open today so she went all the way there including pricey ferry tickets. And it was not open.

In other developments, No, Naomi, you may not have the car for Senior Skip Day.

No comments: