Sunday, May 24, 2009

Photoessay #701 - Famer's Market is back!


The Lake Forest Park Farmer's Market is back. Actually started two Sundays ago. I enjoy it; made it a goal to eat from there as much as possible. Not always cheap though. Certainly I've become a regular customer of Blue Cottage Jams. I bought some delicious plum better today. I bought a case last fall and it's just about gone. The kind of jam that's best eaten straight out of the jar with a spoon, it's that good. Also the eggs from the chickens running free in an old apple orchard. Who can resist that story? Actually not that much produce down there this weekend. Mostly asparagus, salad onioins, some bok choy. Lots of flowers though

Myself, though I love to look at flowers, it's not worth it to have flowers in my home because I don't notice them. But the flower vendors with their masses of color, love it.

This bouquet was selling for $10 earlier today.

No comments: