Sunday, April 19, 2009

Photoessay #670 - Back from Eugene


It's my birthday today! Every April 19. I have turned 57, which, well, what can you say about that?

But we had a delightful time in Eugene. I will include a picture taken by Ducks pitcher Samantha S of Dennis and myself hard at work at the tailgate yesterday. We are cracking eggs as we feed whole bunches of people including the coaches and players on University Street outside of Howe Field. Mac Court in the background. We look like we are having fun because we are! The players said collectively "We love these and we haven't had one all year.

Beautiful weather. The Ducks played UCLA today. #3 team in the country. How did they do. Well, awful actually. One bright spot is that we have a fab experienced outfield that really made some great plays.

We went out to the Glenwood, one of my favorite restaurants by the campus for breakfast. I discovered something else wonderful about Prince Puckler's Ice Cream. If there's anything else great to discover about that place. Mini-Sundaes! They are little and delicious, you get everything but just a little. Marvelous! So I told Dennis, on our way out of town, that I wanted a mini-sundae. Crazy ice cream. Velvet Hammer, chocolate swirled with espresso and cinnamon.

Then we went letterboxing again, there was a whole new set of boxes throughout the UO campus. Beautiful morning, nearly a two mile walk, found four more boxes.

Also still knew so many people there, lots of parents, community people, some players from years past were there. Very warm and welcome time.

Glad to be home and Teddy was glad to see us.

1 comment:

Matt Asay said...

Sandy

A belated "Happy Birthday!" to you. I don't know about you, but I can't believe I've fooled everyone so long wearing this "old person" suit. Sometime the joke seems a little stale...

Glad you had a good day.