Monday, March 23, 2009

Photoessay #638 - Puppy Class


We'll be attending puppy class for the next 4 Thursdays. I must report that my Teddy was the shining star of the class (according to me) A lot of these exercises are designed to teach your puppy to respond to you, to be conscious of what you are doing. But Teddy already does that, he's very attentive and attuned to me. So, he cruised through the tasks, no problem. There's one where you get your puppy to respond to you by saying 'break!' and use the leash to pull him towards you on the leash rewarding him with a treat. But I can do that without the leash.

The teacher is talking to me while Teddy (who is blurred) is trying to make some unauthorized contact with the puppy next to us (some kind of real breed with a foreign sounding name)

In the background is the 9 week boxer puppy, cutest thing you ever saw. However, she was not buying anything that thee folks were selling. Nope, not doing it, you can forget it, no way. Her owner is trying the break exercise but puppy is not going for it.

However he just peed in the upstairs hall. Teddy, you know better!

No comments: