Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Photoessay #538 - Pack


Back to that last Saturday when we had two puppies. Naomi looks so pleased. I am thrilled to announce that Roy, on your left, is at his new home, gets to sleep in the bed with his owner (Teddy doesn't get to do that) and has a new name, Gunther. Gunther? What?

Teddy grows every single day. He takes up a good portion of the kitty bed (which he is bent on destroying, especially to chew off the label on the front). When we started, just 10 days ago, he only occupied a corner.

I am going to look into puppy training. Naomi already has the problem where Teddy considers her lower down in the pack. I believe I am more alpha. Teddy bites her feet constantly but I can walk out in bare feet and he will not bite me. I am working with him on sit and stay and his name.

Naomi needs to get a higher status or Teddy will just run all over her.

I took him down in the car at noon time when I went to the fire station to have my blood pressure taken. It involved some walking on the leash. I did not put him in the carrier. I made it very clear that he was not to get down near the pedals. He didn't get that you could get on the seat and look out.

Bit by bit.

Update: I hear Susanna and Alice are coming by to pick up Teddy and take him to play in the park. That will be fun!

No comments: