Monday, February 2, 2009

Photoessay #537 - Super Women!


My friend Margaret invited me to a superbowl party. The guest list was very structured "Everybody on my team and all parents whose team I am on" About 15 total, some came and went. During the second half, the group split by gender with the menfolk going upstairs to watch on another large tv and talk football mantalk. The women stayed downstairs dutifully watching football but mostly chatting with each other.

Some of the comments and queries during the second half...

"Is a touchdown 6 points?"
"Is that the guy with the nice smile"
"Who's the yellow team again?"
"Hey, I liked that guy when he ran the 100 yards but watching him slug and pound the other player, we don't like him ANY MORE!"
"When's the Ivar's commercial?"
"We like the commercials with the horses"
"Oh no, we do NOT want overtime which would mean MORE football"

etc

Which is probably why the guys went upstairs

At one point, I put my camera on a bookcase and took a picture with the self-timer. There we all are, having a pretty darn good time. You can see some of the snacks in the foreground, really a Superbowl party is all about the snacks.

It was a good game with lots of excitement. But the consensus was "More Bruce Springsteen, less football"

No comments: