Friday, October 17, 2008

Photoessay #484 - ACTION shot!


I wonder about the wisdom about featuring pictures of myself two days in a row. Especially considering.

But I couldn't resist this shot taken today at Howarth Park in Everett. Never heard of it? Me neither. But Dennis had the day off and I had already worked all my hours. In the afternoon, he announced that he wanted to leave town. Not too far, because I had a team meeting at 5pm. First we went off to US Bank to move some money into CDs. Spread it around in these uncertain times.

We went up to Howarth Park which is down the hill from Forest Park just about on the Sound. We had to find the parking lot near the boardwalk and the observation point. We looked for three of Captain Raehwak's boxes, found two of them. Watched a big coal train (coal???) on the tracks that run along the beach and enjoyed the view of the sound. The two boxes we found were The Shy Racoon and The Curious Bobcat.

Featured here is a rare action shot of me working with The Shy Raccoon letterbox which was right under the boardwalk. Easy! Now, letterboxing is all about the paperwork . I've got all the stamps and boxes and journals out. I'm writing my entry in my own journal about the letterbox, time, date, location, etc.

Got home in plenty of time to go to the team meeting. Long and intense, almost 3 hours planning a moveout.

No comments: