Monday, October 15, 2007

Photoessay #147 - View from my front window


One of the things that I liked the best from my house is the
territorial view from my living room window. This picture, taken a year ago June, already is dated. The plum tree with the deep red leaves on the left has been cut down. It was leaning, leaning, leaning into my neighbor's garage. About to come down, I called the tree people to have it taken out mere hours before that huge wind
storm last December. You know the one, where we lost our electricity
for six days. The workmen came with their equipment as the winds
whipped around them.

Also, we have a new couch, as of last September. Sick of the one
with the slipcover that ALWAYS looked crummy, Dennis and I bought a
couch (which we like very much) on impulse. Having trouble with my
upper back, I resolved to buy a new bed RIGHT NOW. I made Dennis go out shopping (we hate shopping more than anything). Two stops, we would make two stops and we were buying. At Penneys we saw the couch on sale and bought it right then and there.

But we look out over the cul de sac through the foliage. Across the
way, we can see a tree-covered hill. All of the houses on the court
have completely different views. I guess all houses arranged in a
circle would have a different view, it just seems more dramatic here.

The new computer works fine, still some bugs to work out, but,
overall, I'm quite satisfied.

No comments: